Tuesday, December 16, 2008


I Picked up my latest painting from the framers today. Have I told you that I hate choosing frames. I have to be honest, its harder than painting the picture. A frame can make or break a painting, I think. Armed with good advise, I have been choosing pale mount board and frames to match. But, when I get this latest one home, I make a cuppa and stare at it. Does it do it justice.....who knows. And to top it off, I've realised that, I haven't photographed it before it went to the framers.......a huge no no on my part.
So, I've tried to get a shot now, and I feature in the glass.......grr. Oh well. Lesson, always lessons. This is a painting of one of my fellow artists a good friend of mine who goes by the name of Kris. She was having her lunch at a cafe one day, and I thought, yep. She would make a great painting. Anyway, I now have this painting in readiness for our group exhibition in march. Now I need to concentrate on some smaller more affordable paintings. I dont usually work small, so it will be good to do something different.

7 comments:

Jez said...

You know she looks familiar!!
I really like the greens and the reds together, and her pose. Very nice work here. Best of luck with the group exhibition too!

magicmyst said...

I love the colors too. It, like all your work makes me smile. A pity about your reflection in the painting but you can't otice it until you pointed it out. Kay

Wendi. S. said...

Thanks Jade. Magicmyst is also in the exhibition, weve called ourselves Innovision. So, hopefully, it will successful.
Kay, thanks. dont know about the framing. but....its done now.

Vesna said...

Nice one Wendi...she looks GREAT...as usual...and I know what you mean about the frames...I hate them...I have now chosen three styles, and out of those three one has to fit ( but that formula hasn't worked so well) I think I'm just going to stick to wide edge canvases and by pass the frame all together if I can!!!!

Wendi. S. said...

good plan Vesna. Unfortuneately, that piece is in pastel and pastel, just have to be framed. But when I work in acrylic, yes, its wide edge canvasses for me also.

Melanie J Froud said...

I think we can all relate to blowing our hot beverages. Probably why it puts a little smirk on my face when I look at it. I really like it.

Wendi. S. said...

Thanks Melanie, and thanks for visiting.